1425 Eagle Ridge Dr.
Schererville, IN 46375
566 N Indiana Ave
Crown Point, IN 46307
Massage / Myofascial Release
Massage / Myofascial Release
Human Hands Can Do Wonders For You!
Massage and Myofascial Release techniques have been tweaked and improved for centuries. No one can argue that the human touch can produce a sense of calm and relaxation that cannot be replicated. If you haven’t used massage or myofascial release techniques to reduce your pain and manage your stress, do yourself a favor and make an appointment at Motus Integrative Health in Crown Point or Schererville today.
Did you know that experts estimate that stress is the cause of 90% of diseases humans must endure? Reduce your stress with a professional massage and then find ways to reduce the stress triggers in your life. Your body will respond with less pain, and your mood will elevate.
Types of Massage
There are many types of massage. Each type focuses on different techniques to reduce your pain and make you feel relaxed and capable.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish Massage is probably the most popular type of massage. It is used to reduce stress and tension throughout the entire body. The results are higher levels of oxygen in the blood, reduced muscle toxicity and improved circulation and flexibility.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep Tissue Massage uses pressure to create positive results. This technique manipulates the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, and fascia, which is the protective layer surrounding and connecting all muscles, bones, and joints.
- Sports Massage: Sports Massage is used on all kinds of athletes. It focuses on areas of the body that are overused and compromised by repetitive and often intense movements used during sports.
- Lymphatic Massage: Lymphatic Massage is a very gentle massage technique that uses a specific amount of pressure and rhythmic circular movements to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph system. This massage is used for patients who have lymphedema, which is a fluid build up in your lymph system.
- Craniosacral Therapy: CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, noninvasive massage therapy that focuses only on the bones of the head, spinal column, and sacrum. It is used primarily for patients who have chronic migraines or neck issues.
- Prenatal Massage: Prenatal Massage relieves many of the discomforts experienced during pregnancy, like backaches and edema. Massage also reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood and lymph circulation, helps to relax nervous tension and can help alleviate depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
What is Myofascial Release?
Myofascial Release is a gentle blend of massage and stretching that uses traction, pressure, and positioning of the body to relax muscle spasms and break up painful adhesions in the fascia. At Motus Integrative Health in Northwest Indiana, we use Myofascial Release techniques to ease pressure in the fibrous bands of fascia that encase and connect muscles, organs, vessels, bones, cartilage and nerves throughout the body.
Common Issues Treated:
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- IT Band Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Finger
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Visit us at Motus Integrated Health
At Motus Integrative Health we understand that you are in pain and are not always sure what to do about it. Our goal is to get you well again. It has been proven time and time again that massage is very beneficial to relieve pain and tension. Contact us today, and we will create a customized wellness plan that will get you feeling good again.
Call Now Button
Contact Us Here For A FREE
Consultation With Our Doctor