Human Hands Can Do Wonders For You!
Massage and Myofascial Release techniques have been tweaked and improved for centuries. No one can argue that the human touch can produce a sense of calm and relaxation that cannot be replicated. If you haven’t used massage or myofascial release techniques to reduce your pain and manage your stress, do yourself a favor and make an appointment at Motus Integrative Health today.
Did you know that experts estimate that stress is the cause of 90% of diseases humans must endure? Reduce your stress with a professional massage and then find ways to reduce the stress triggers in your life. Your body will respond with less pain, and your mood will elevate.
Types of Massage
There are many types of massage. Each type focuses on different techniques to reduce your pain and make you feel relaxed and capable. As a result, you’ll feel better inside and out.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish Massage is probably the most popular type of massage. It is used to reduce stress and tension throughout the entire body. The results are higher levels of oxygen in the blood, reduced muscle toxicity and improved circulation and flexibility.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep Tissue Massage uses pressure to create positive results. This technique manipulates the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, and fascia, which is the protective layer surrounding and connecting all muscles, bones, and joints. Individuals with chronic pain often
- Sports Massage: Sports Massage is used on all kinds of athletes. It focuses on areas of the body that are overused and compromised by repetitive and often intense movements used during sports. Massage helps to increase circulation and reduce pain associated with physical activity, improving your performance.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage: The lymphatic system works to remove cellular waste from our bodies. Lymphatic Massage is a very gentle massage technique that uses a specific amount of pressure and rhythmic circular movements to promote the natural drainage of the lymph system. Massage helps to manually increase fluid movement and the removal of toxins. This massage is used for patients who have lymphedema, which is a fluid build up in your lymph system.
- Craniosacral Therapy: CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, noninvasive massage therapy that focuses only on the bones of the head, spinal column, and sacrum. It is used primarily for patients who have chronic migraines or neck issues.
- Prenatal Massage: Prenatal Massage relieves many of the discomforts experienced during pregnancy, like backaches and edema. Massage also reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood and lymph circulation, helps to relax nervous tension and can help alleviate depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
- Trigger Point Massage: A trigger point massage targets tight knots in the muscles, known as trigger points, which are thought to be the origins of muscular pain. A chiropractor can soothe these knots using special techniques.
- Myofascial Release: If you frequently deal with stiff, sore muscles, myofascial release may be right for you. This massage relieves pain caused by tightening of the myofascial tissues that support your muscles. This therapy is typically used for patients with myofascial pain syndrome.
Our team at Motus Integrative Health understands that you are in pain and are not always sure what to do about it. Our goal is to get you well again through an innovative approach. It has been proven time and time again that massage is very beneficial to relieve pain and tension. Contact us today, and we will create a customized wellness plan that will get you feeling good again.