DNS Pediatrics 1
- Date: February 9-12, 2024
- Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 9 am – 5pm
- Monday: 9 am – 2 pm
- Location: Franciscan Health Crown Point – Marian Education Center
1201 South Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
- Instructors: Marcela Safarova DPT, Ph.D.
- Coffee is provided each day.
- Register as STUDENT for special student pricing.
Price DOES NOT include the Prague School fee (Please find the link to pay it below).
Pediatric course part 1 (24 contact hours)
This is a 4-day course for attendees who work primarily with pediatric clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of developmental kinesiology in depth with an emphasis on development during the first year of life. Basic sagittal stabilization, postural-locomotion function, stepping forward and supporting extremity function
- Describe the basis for primitive reflexes and postural reactions and their roles in developmental kinesiology
- Red flags in the development during the first year of life
- Assessment of baby’s developmental age. Developmental and chronological age correlation (baby demonstration)
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and pathology of the locomotor system in adulthood
- Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional DNS tests in children
- Clarify how DNS corrective exercises can integrate with other exercise strategies
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns
- DNS principles for baby handling in positions that correspond to developmental positions of the baby age 0-7m. Devices used for carrying babies, yes or no, how and why?
- Child with asymmetry (oblique neck, oblique pelvis, plagiocephaly and their consequences to the development)
- Demonstrations of baby assessment and treatment based on DNS principles
- Toddlers and preschool children exercises according to DNS, easy positions without differentiation
After the DNS Pediatric 1 course , participants should be able to assess the spontaneous locomotor function of a child and distinguish between physiological and pathological movement patterns. The emphasis is put on assessment of quality of a movement and assessment of the basic primitive reflexes.
Click here to download information packet.
Fee: $900 + 80 euro Prague fee
Important information: Upon completion of the registration form, you will be invoiced via PayPal within 2 business days. Registration is not complete until payment is received. Please pay the separate Prague School fee here: https://www.rehabps.cz/bo/course_b.php?c_id=2964&invoice_category=course