Back Pain Doctor Near Highland
When chronic pain holds you back, visiting a back pain doctor near Highland is the first step in regaining your active lifestyle. At Motus Integrative Health, our pain specialists provide the latest treatments to heal your pain from its source. Visit our compassionate team to find out what we can do for you.
Why Am I In Pain?
While back pain can be distressing, it’s a highly treatable condition. Most of our patients see a high success rate as they continue their chiropractic appointments. Before we can help you, however, we need to determine why you are experiencing your symptoms. Our physicians will perform a thorough physical examination to determine the root cause of your pain. Some of the most common reasons for back pain include various lifestyle factors and physical ailments:
- Herniated Disc: Our spines contain soft tissue to cushion each bone. Over time, the tissue, called a nucleus, wears down or is pushed out from its proper place. This results in moderate to severe pain as the bulging tissue compresses nearby nerves. Luckily, a herniated disc doesn’t always require surgery. Our chiropractors help you naturally treat the pain.
- Muscle Strain: Whenever we overuse our muscles or strain them in some fashion, we’re left with a lingering ache. A muscle strain can happen in an instant, such as if you bend over to pick up a heavy box. Usually, strains take time to heal but do eventually go away on their own. However, it’s recommended that you get the injury examined by a physician. Chiropractic care can help speed up the recovery time and lessen the pain sooner.
- Inactivity: Our bodies are meant to run, dance and leap. If we spend too much time in front of the TV, it leads to muscular weakness and even pain. Physical activity is an excellent way to prevent chronic pain since it keeps us strong. When you already have back pain, however, exercise may sound overwhelming. It’s often best to treat the pain first and slowly introduce gentle stretches before doing anything strenuous.
- Poor Posture: Poor posture is often tied to a sedentary lifestyle, especially when you remain sitting in an improper position for an extended period of time. Our spines best handle pressure when we sit up straight and balance the weight, so slouching is never a good idea. Engage your core as you sit to prevent curving your lower back outwards.
How Our Back Pain Doctor Near Highland Can Help
Motus Integrative Health treats back pain of any cause. We offer some of the most innovative treatments for chronic pain. Many of our patients choose chiropractic care. Chiropractic care has many benefits, especially over other pain relief methods:
- Natural. Chiropractic doesn’t involve surgery or taking medication, so it’s a great option to try before resorting to more drastic approaches.
- No Side Effects. Without any side effects, you can focus on feeling better.
- Effective. Chiropractic is one of the most effective pain treatments and has been recognized for its healing qualities.
Visit a Back Pain Doctor Near Highland!
Schedule an appointment at Motus Integrative Health to talk to our back pain doctor near Highland! We look forward to meeting you.