Bringing a child into the world is exciting. You’re likely overwhelmed with a range of emotions due to the anticipation. Additionally, you might be noticing various changes occurring all over your body, some of which are painful. Before you start dreading the next few months, know that you can safely manage pregnancy pain with chiropractic care at Motus Integrative Health!
Chiropractic care for pregnancy is growing in popularity. The reasons for this are numerous, as women want to reduce their symptoms naturally and without harming their child. Here are a few ways chiropractic care can help you enjoy your pregnancy.
- Relive Joint Pain — It’s extremely common for pregnant women to experience pain in their joints, especially in the hips and knees. Joint pain can be attributed to several causes, including a natural, gradual weight gain. As your baby grows larger, you may experience more pain in your knees. In addition to the few extra pounds you’re carrying, your body sends out a hormone that relaxes your joints in preparation for birth. Between all of these changes, it’s understandable that your joints would feel strained! Luckily, chiropractic maneuvers help reduce the pain in these areas, helping you move better.
- Beat Morning Sickness — One of the most inconvenient and distressing symptoms of pregnancy is morning sickness. Whether your nausea is mild or severe, chiropractic care is shown to help mothers feel better. A spinal adjustment may help balance your hormones, which lessens the severity of your morning sickness.
- Reduce Stress — It’s easy to feel stressed during pregnancy. Not only are you going through unpredictable and difficult circumstances, but your hormones are fluctuating. As your hormones rise and fall, you might experience physiological changes that leave you more prone to stress and anxiety. If you’re dealing with tense muscles, chiropractic care can help you relax.
- Easier Labor — While labor may or may not be an immediate concern of yours, know that chiropractic care has long-term benefits. Some studies show that women who received chiropractic care during their pregnancy have an easier time during labor. Mothers who had spinal adjustments were more likely to give birth faster and naturally than mothers who didn’t see a chiropractor.
- Feel Better Naturally — When you’re pregnant, you are constantly keeping your eye out for anything that could potentially endanger your baby. You’re likely hesitant to take any form of pain relief medication, even with your doctor’s approval. That’s what makes chiropractic care such an excellent choice. Chiropractic care allows pregnant women to safely and naturally reduce nerve stress without taking medicine or anything else that may be risky.
Get in Touch With a Pregnancy Chiropractor!
Between hormone imbalances, morning sickness and all of the physical changes, pregnancy is no walk in the park. Fortunately, a chiropractor can make things easier! When you visit Motus Integrative Health, one of our physicians will create a customized treatment plan just for you. No matter what pregnancy symptoms you’re dealing with, chiropractic care can help you feel your best. Schedule an appointment at our Schererville or Crown Point location today!